Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Penguin Blockhead {2x4} Tutorial

2x4 Penguin Tutorial...
January's Block Head I think is my favorite, so far anyway.
 
I could have a whole...whatever you call a big group of penguins.
Here's how you make him...
Gather your penguin pieces.
You need:
 one 2x4 block for the body
 mine is cut to 3.5x3.5 inches{how cute would he be a little taller?}
2 wings
a beak
a tummy piece
and some feet

I got to thinking, if you have a way to cut your wood, you could do this from a 2x4 block and that ever famous 5 gal. paint stick. You wouldn't have wood for the tummy, but it's covered in paper anyway...just a thought.

Start by painting the wings and block black. Sand some paint from the edges.

Paper cover the tummy white, and the feet and beak yellow.
Ink the edges black then mod podge onto the corresponding wood pieces.
Add the face details and set aside to  dry.

Cut a 15" length of craft wire. Fold it in half and then twist together. Give the ends a little curl and then shape the wire to look like a candy cane. Glue the snowflake to the loop end.
{Wouldn't a little fish be an awesome alternative?}

Assemble your penguin. Glue the tummy to the body, followed by the beak.
Glue the wire down, and add any extras you wish.{ribbon and feather}


Glue the wings on over the wire and then center the block onto the feet and glue.
You're little waddler is finished!

Happy Crafting!
 
 

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I was just coming over to beg you to sell me the kit, and then I saw that you are one step ahead of me! Just placed my order... I am sooo excited for this! Its sooo adorable! I LOVE penguins!

- Michelle @ Bunch of Craft

Corey said...

This is the cutest thing ever! Great Idea!

Crafts and Deals said...

SO CUTE!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! What did you use to make the smaller pieces? It doesn't look like 2x4.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...