Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Valentine Ornament Wreath...{what Wendy did Wednesdays}

You had to have seen at least one of the many posts around blogger-land about Christmas ornament wreaths, yes? If not, this was the first {and best that I read}-he makes it easy.
Well, I too think they are beautiful, but already had a wreath I really love so didn't make one.
 I did however find  myself scooping up a ton of red ornaments on {major} clearance the other day, not because I needed them, but because they were an AMAZING deal! 
So what to do with a bunch of red, sparkly ornaments when Valentine's Day is approaching....
 


...how about show your door some LOVE!
I followed the basics of Eddie's tutorial with a few exceptions, instead of one wire hanger I
used two to get  a good sized wreath and the heart shape I wanted.
 They looked like this...



And instead of using the "hook" part for a hanger, I pulled it to the bottom point and wired it in place to help hold the shape...
 

I just made sure my ribbons and roses covered the wire!



I totally {Heart} my heart! And that's what I did today...
Happy Crafting!

Partying with these great ladies...







Show and Tell Green



10 comments:

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I love it! So pretty Wendy!

Stuff by Ash said...

Gorgeous! I was just at Walmart looking at their Christmas clearance wondering if it was worth it to get bulbs for a wreath for next year. Now I must go back and get some to make a Valentine's wreath!

*The Thompson Fam said...

Girl...I was so working on one of these so I could put it on your linky party Friday thing. Dang. Always one step ahead!

Unknown said...

This is too cute! I'd love for you to come link up to my Love Linky Party!

Angela said...

Really cute!

Christine said...

I love that it's hanging at an angle instead of straight on, great job
Christine
greatoakcircle.com

Unknown said...

Love this wreath! I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Brooke Douglass said...

That is beautiful! I just took down my winter wreath and just might try something like this!!! Thank u, brooke
Girl Boy Girl Inspired

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! So creative. Ive seen (literally) hundreds of ornament wreaths, but never seen a single heart shaped one.

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Great idea for old Christmas ornaments! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

www.youngnester.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...